Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Design Process Begins

As much I wanted to jump right in to Photoshop and start creating, I figured it would be better if I planned out a design first. I think I want to go a different direction with the packaging colors and make them much more bold and vibrant. I like the idea of having a dark background, like the purple or blues below, with a bright text color. I have been using colorschemedesigner.com for years to get ideas for different shades of color to use. It helps to figure out which colors look best together. At the top right, it shows four different squares of color and I want to limit myself to two or three or those colors and white, so my design won't be overwhelming.







I am also trying to find a font to use for my logo and I found a few that I like from dafont.com. I like I like the bottom two the best, the have a "homemade" look to them, which is what I am trying to go for with my design.

My next step is to hand draw some ideas and I hope to upload those later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment